April 2, 2020
Dear Woodlands Community,
Hello everyone, we are hoping that you and your families are doing well – or at least well enough during these difficult times.
As developments continue to unfold regarding the COVID-19 situation we continue to face many considerable challenges associated with running a “deemed essential” retail food business during this extraordinary time. However, due to the incredible efforts from our Woodlands Family of employees and the cooperation from our truly amazing customers we are all getting through this together. It’s still relatively early and we will likely have many more weeks ahead of us but please know that we are constantly monitoring things and adjusting our business practices and our Social Distancing Protocol as needed and/or necessary.
We will remain committed to providing the safest environment possible for our employees to work and our customers to shop. Recently we implemented the following safety measures:
- We installed large sneeze guards at all of our check stands.
- We provided large hand sanitizer wipes and portable hand washing stations at our entrances.
- We take orders and make deliveries for our elderly in Kentfield and Tiburon.
- We closed all of our food islands, salad bars, olive bars, and bulk foods areas.
- Placing per limits on goods that are selling out quickly.
- We closed our seating areas.
- We clean and sterilize constantly and wear gloves at all times.
- We implemented a professional deep clean protocol in each store at night.
- We increased our signs reminding everyone to please respect the six-foot social distancing recommendations.
- We adjusted our operating hours to honor older adults and people with chronic medical conditions from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- We encourage customers to limit their time in the store and the amount of people they shop with, make fewer trips with larger purchases.
Starting Friday, April 3rd we will add these additional safety measures as we continue to improve our operations and adhere to updated ordinances:
- Limit the number of customers in the store at one time.
- Reduce the number of entrances and exits to each store.
- Installed tape on the floor to provide for six-foot social distancing.
- Installed new signs following County Of Marin directives, including prohibiting customers from bringing in their own reusable shopping bags.
Please remember – it is essential that we all adhere to six-foot social distancing at all times as best as we can. We know that this can be difficult in a smaller retail environment like Woodlands but we must all do our best to protect each other.
We apologize for any inconveniences and greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding as well as your patience and patronage!
As I’ve mentioned in the past – we’ve been through many challenges over the years and we will get through this also – and we will ALL be better for it.
P.S. God Bless Woodlands Market
March 25, 2020
Dear Woodlands Community and Customers,
Please know that we are working tirelessly to provide you the highest level of goods and services during this extremely unique and challenging Coronavirus crisis. Our number one priority is to provide the safest environment possible for your foodservice needs and for our remarkable employees who have been absolute “heroes” throughout all this. Every day we are reassessing how we can continue to improve the safety of our stores. We have recently installed large sneeze guards at all of our check stands. We have large hand sanitizer wipes and portable hand washing stations at our entrances. We take orders and make deliveries for our elderly in Kentfield. We closed all of our food islands, salad bars, olive bars, and bulk foods areas. We have closed our seating areas. And of course, we clean and sterilize constantly and wear gloves at all times. In addition – we have increased our signs reminding everyone to please respect the six-foot social distancing recommendations. We have also adjusted our operating hours to honor older adults and people with chronic medical conditions from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We encourage customers to limit their time in the store and the amount of people they shop with, make fewer trips with larger purchases, and respect the six-foot social distancing as much as possible. Again, please know that we will continue to monitor the best ways possible to provide the safest food shopping environment for our valued family of customers and employees. We are extremely grateful for the patience and cooperation as well as understanding from everyone.
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER!
Founder / CEO
March 17, 2020
Woodlands will remain open throughout this time of need and uncertainty to serve our community as best we can.
We take very seriously our role and will take all necessary precautions to protect our amazing customers and employees.
We’ve been through:
• Stock market crashes
• Power outages
and now the Coronavirus (COVID-19) – and we will certainly get through this too!
Woodlands has never closed – not even a single day in our original Kentfield location.
It’s why we are seen as a pillar in the communities we serve. We take great pride in this privilege and are honored and humbled to have the opportunity to serve and provide for such an amazing community particularly at such an extraordinary time.
Founder / CEO