In-Season Produce in April
Artichokes · Rainbow bunched carrots · Spring dug Fingerling Potatoes · Morel Mushrooms · Radishes · Rhubarb · Spring onions
Fun Facts: Artichoke
- California produces 100% of the United States artichoke crop, with Castroville, California calling itself the “Artichoke Center of the World.
- Contains a good source of folate, dietary fiber, and vitamins C and K. Artichokes are also packed with antioxidants; they’re number 7 on the USDA’s top 20 antioxidant-rich foods list.
Fun Facts: Spring onions
- Adds a wonderful fresh flavor when sliced or eaten raw. They make a great addition to sandwiches!
- Cooking brings out their amazingly sweet flavor
- Spring onions are an excellent source of vitamin C and calcium
- Spring onions grow throughout the year, although the best quality and highest yields are produced in late spring.